Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Market Street Fish House to open on Wednesday.


The Green Mouse says that Dave Himmel is opening the Market Street Fish House at 133 East Market (location of the now defunct Treet’s Bakery Café) on Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. Here's the scoop:

"Dave is serving your no-trans-fat deep fried favorites. Fish, shrimp, oysters, clams, scallops, fries, rings, hush puppies. Accompanied with your favorite homemade remoulades and homemade cole slaw.

"I had the privilege of sampling Dave's cooking today. It's fresh seafood hand battered right here on Market. No cutting corners on quality or taste! The hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., with Saturday hours to be announced later."

10 comments:

G Coyle said...

After my years living on Cape Cod, I was sort of liking the fact that you can't smell fried fish in the air here, an odor, much like low tide, you come to hate. Good Luck Dave H. and I hope you have good ventilation!

Christopher D said...

I can not wait!!
I have been jonesing for a conner-ish fix since the day they started the move!

John Alton said...

This sounds great! I'm a seafood nut! Where on Market Street is it?

The New Albanian said...

Sorry John, I was in a hurry. The post has been updated.

RAB

John Alton said...

Thanks Roger!

brett.scharlow said...

Every time this building is mentioned a heartfelt "thank you" should be sent to the Bergman family. This would't be possible without their vision, hard work, and substantial investment.

The New Albanian said...

Agreed, Brett. I stopped by this afternoon, had a fish sandwich and chatted with Dave. The next step is to renovate the building across the street ... it'll be good to see that structure back in use.

B.W. Smith said...

^^^ agrees with Brett.

All4Word said...

The main post says the fare is "fresh seafood." Not that my meal wasn't satisfactory, but I didn't get the impression that what I was eating was fresh seafood (or hushpuppies, for that matter).

Could the author please verify that claim. I would certainly be happy to discover my assumption that the fish came flash frozen from the Sysco plant is untrue.

Christopher D said...

munching a large fish sandwich now.... excellent! the panko breading is perfectly crispy, generous portions!
and great prices!