Thursday, September 24, 2009

HARBESON: "Maintaining misguided laws not the answer for alcohol licenses."

The opening paragraph in Debbie's column is a true classic.

HARBESON: Maintaining misguided laws not the answer for alcohol licenses

When I first heard Clarksville’s Redevelopment Director Rick Dickman say that most restaurants would love to have a three-way, I thought the Southern Indiana area might finally be getting a Cincinnati-style chili franchise. But then I realized it had to do with Indiana’s asinine alcohol laws.
Skyline is the only food and drink chain that I ever patronize.

Note that we did not confer before penning our respective columns. While my take on riverfront development districts is based on the reality we’ve been handed by the state’s regulatory regime, there’s absolutely no doubting that the state’s regulatory regime makes little sense and is skewed toward serial over-regulation. Debbie’s column makes this point with aplomb.

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Ain't it the truth

jon faith said...

Ahem, White Castle?

Matt Nash said...

Debbie is my second favorite columnist