A positive 2016 community garden recap by Mallery Waters, as well as confirmation that the Wiemann building's rehabilitation (shall we say) did not turn out as originally promised. Perhaps as yet a new owner can make a difference. Congratulations to Mallery for her successful stewardship of the garden.
Thanks for your continued interest in and support of Urban Fusion Community Garden on Culbertson Ave.
While I'm at it, though, just a few highlights from what has been a good year for the garden:
- Added whimsical, hand painted signage made of driftwood from the Falls of the Ohio by Michael Jukeson of The Loving Year
- Welcomed more garden neighbors as gardeners this year
- Started the season with all the plots spoken for
- Ended the season with relatively pretty, well-tended gardens (considering the unusual weather and usual general busyness of summer)
- Shared extra vegetables with the women at St. Elizabeth's Catholic Charities as well as folks at Shepherd's Kitchen at St. Paul's Episcopal Church
- Passed out free wildflower seeds to neighbors of the garden - donated by Earthly Goods
- Enjoyed the use of a rain barrel (they really are cool!) donated by Floyd Action Network for watering the gardens
Anyway, thanks again for your support. Here's to a lovely fall!