Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Why Free-Range Kids Are Healthier."

I have no children, and my childhood was spent in rural woods and fields (I became "citified" later), so there's a chance that any opinion on this subject I offer might be tainted.

Acknowledging this, it would seem axiomatic that vastly enhancing New Albany's walkability, by rendering huge tracts of our historic central neighborhoods and business districts into recreational zones, offers free-range mobility -- if nothing else.

Will the kiddos ever be free to roam again?

Does this article make sense to the parents I know?

I'm genuinely curious.

Why Free-Range Kids Are Healthier, by Erik P. Hoel (The Daily Beast)

Your kid is exactly as likely to be struck by lightning as he or she is to be randomly abducted. So why are we permanently branding parents as neglectful or abusive for letting their kids go to the park by themselves?

No comments: