Friday, February 06, 2015

CFA-1 filed ... check. Now we shift to petition signature gathering.


Here's the first piece in the puzzle. Yesterday at lunch, Marcey Wisman-Bennett took a break from work and accompanied me to the clerk's office to begin the paperwork trail leading to an independent slot on the ballot this fall.

Part of me wanted to wait until mid-May and call the committee Advance Baylor.

Here's the link to the primary filings as of yesterday afternoon. Note that in the sixth district, incumbent councilman Scott Blair's name does not appear; however, like me, he's an independent, and the primary is about party identity.

The filing deadline is today at noon.

4 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

Crowded field for At Large. Demo's ceding the 6th and Pub's the 1st? Perhaps they will fill the slots later. As for Clerk, running against Vicki would seem to be pointless.

The New Albanian said...

In the primary, normal voting patterns make Gonder and Baird faves, meaning that a former CM and mayor (Garner) vies with three others for one slot.

Honestly, I hate to see everyone flocking to the Democratic standard, given that the local party has done about as much for the cause of progress as my two cats.

Jeff Gillenwater said...

The good news is that I don't have to worry about voting until November.

ecology warrior said...

I am pleased to see James Garner running, I believe he has a lot to offer the city.