Thursday, February 27, 2014

Muscle Monkey will return as soon as the permit snafu is resolved.


I spoke with Muscle Monkey's owner yesterday, who told me the Scarlet Letter on his door is about a tardy permit, and no more. It points to the Floyd County Health Department's narcissistic disregard for any semblance of fairness in a public relations context to post a notice sans context, but what do you expect from the mind of Dr. Tom?

From August 1, 2013: ON THE AVENUES: "Kneel and Kiss My Ring, You Degraded Alcoholic."

If you assume I’ll begin this essay by thanking a lowly brewer for affording a rebuttal to his serial insolence, think again. One should never assume -- you'll make an ass out of yourself, certainly not me, because after all, I'm a doctor. The grandeur of my medical world view inevitably comes with the position, i.e., the rarefied territory of my critical role as guarantor of public health and safety.

The rest of you should just get the hell out of my way.

No comments: