Friday, June 28, 2013

It's time for the 100th Tour de France.

On Saturday, it's the 100th Tour de France, and the first since Lance Armstrong fessed up. Drugged or not, he was especially ferocious on the mountain stages.

Tour de France: five classic mountain climbs

Ahead of the 100th Tour de France, which begins on Saturday, Giles Belbin, author of Mountain Kings, recalls the dramatic cycling history of five of the race's most famous climbs – and then tells you how you can ride them yourself

Riding them myself probably isn't an option, seeing as I have (maybe) 100 km so far this year.

Tour de France 2013: interactive guide (Guardian)

The 100th Tour de France starts in Corsica on Saturday 29th June - here's our guide to the stages and the teams

In 2011, I wrote a bit about the Tour. It's still an amazing spectacle for me, and I hope it's in the cards to be in the neighborhood again, some day.

THURSDAY, JULY 07, 2011


ON THE AVENUES: Vive le beercyclist!



ON THE AVENUES: Vive le beercyclist!

By ROGER BAYLOR

In a perfect and thus unattainable world, Bank Street Brewhouse’s opening hours would be precisely synchronized with European clocks and Tour de France starts, allowing me to begin most of my July mornings with espresso, baguettes, gnarly goat cheese and beer.

No comments: