Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thanks, and best future wishes to Kyle Ridout.

After just shy of 20 years at the helm, Kyle Ridout is retiring from his position as head of the Paul W. Ogle Cultural and Community Center at Indiana University Southeast. I worked with Kyle and his staff on several Bier Prost fundraisers to benefit the Ogle Center, and always enjoyed the experience.

Kyle circulated an e-mail informing friends and contacts of his impending departure, and I'd like to focus on just one section of it, which I believe provides insight into what goes into making such an endeavor work.

In the 18 years I have worked for the campus, I have valued the faith the community has placed in me. My charge these many years has been to serve both the campus and our community. I have tried to do that with a certain amount of humility, knowing that my success was always dependent on the interest and support of others.

No comments: