Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Roudenbush spies newspaper picking nose, eating boogers in Coddington case.

Dennis Roudenbush asks the 'Bama Pop-Up Gazette to consider following up on story:

"I would like to ask the News and Tribune since they missed the boat for some reason not backing my accusations at that time."



Well, Dennis, the 'Bune's Jeffersonville-based management, for whom New Albany might as well be located just east of Albuquerque somewhere in Outer Mongolia, says it trusts senior staffer Chris Morris to relay the information worth publishing. But Morris traditionally refuses to ask disrespectful questions to venerated elders like Seabrook. And so it goes in a place where sports are more important than facts.

A round of applause to Dennis for getting it right even if the gatekeepers of southern fried journalism won't.

Former commissioners’ candidate says he was right on auditor

I appeared before the Floyd County Commissioners last spring complaining about how our auditor messed up the spring settlement checks using the wrong year. He overpaid the New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School Corp. by $1.6 million.

He did not pay Georgetown Township one cent, which I am the trustee of, and when I asked him if he had informed the office-holders that he had overpaid NA-FC, he stated yes.

I then turned to Commissioners Bush, Seabrook and Freiberger and all three said that was the first they had heard about it. You can read and hear the audio on the minutes from that night’s meeting.

Mr. Seabrook told me the commissioners had nothing to do with the auditor. I would like to ask the News and Tribune since they missed the boat for some reason not backing my accusations at that time, do the right thing and print those minutes now for all to see what fools they were. If they would have listened and done their job, maybe this would have been prevented. By the way. I am passing out bumper stickers that say, “Don’t blame me, I voted for Roudenbush.”

— Dennis O. Roudenbush, New Albany

No comments: