Friday, March 29, 2013

Hobknobb Roasting Company location on State Street is closed.

I'm not sure when the Hobknobb on State Street closed; I happened to notice the sign on the door while cruising past on Wednesday afternoon. The web site still lists it. The original Knobs location remains in business, and you still can read the owner's conservative "meme-a-day" postings on Facebook.

They're an interesting sociological phenomenon, and I really enjoy perusing them while seated at Quills, downtown, safely out of range of the exurb.


2 comments:

Expatriate said...

Support local business..buy local..unless they disagree with you politically!

The New Albanian said...

Untrue, although I was expecting someone to say it. Former Hobknobb employee Heather can vouch for my patronage, and at this time, we have a piece of jewelry at Endris for repair.