Sunday, November 25, 2012

No one reads NA Confidential.

A good friend forwarded this to me earlier in the year. Rather flattering, actually. Unfortunately, my Klout score falls somewhat shy of Justin Bieber's, but I have my moments.

Perhaps I should begin selling advertising?

Nah; that'd be all capitalist and s**t.

Based on various web analytics I could find, NA Confidential generally gets about 20-25% the amount of traffic that the News and Tribune site gets-- one guy, no budget, free blog tool, usually covering less than half the geographic territory as compared to their "professional", two-county news operation with multiple full time writers, photographers, editors, and a publisher. And that doesn't include the other places where Roger appears online and in print.

In terms of social media: On a personal level, people are more than 6 times as likely to follow Roger than reporter Suddeath, for instance, despite Suddeath's account being advertised in the paper and its web site for months. Likewise, NABC nearly doubles the number of Facebook page "likes" compared to the N & T.

1 comment:

Daniel S said...

Sorry but this isn't even close to accurate if your site meter monitor is correct. Based on that, you haven't had 10 percent of the traffic our site will receive this year during the entire time your blog has been around. Of course you do have way more twitter and fb friends than me, which trust me isn't my aim. However if it was divided into people following you for your content versus the fact you make beer, I bet your followers would be much closer to mine. Good try though, tell Jeff to keep up the good work, I do hear he has quite a bit of free time on his hands these days.