Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm getting sleepy.

Well, it turns out they do read, after all, if sporadically.

Thanks to B for the tip. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to shower. But first ...

As Bluegill points out from time to time, NA Confidential is my blog. Consequently, speaking for myself, and myself alone, I am supporting Dennis Roudenbush in his campaign for Floyd County Commissioner. He neither has paid me to place an "ad" on NAC's marquee, nor did I request his permission to do so. I believe that if elected commissioner, Roudenbush would better serve the entirety of Floyd County, which I vaguely recall is the whole point of one's decision to vote "for" a candidate.

Sounds like an endorsement to me, doesn't it? Consequently, I reckon it passes the duck walk/sound/dump test and actually is an endorsement.

Meanwhile, I can't decide whether to laugh or yawn at the yammering of predictably small, trognonymous minds. Formica-ites, one cannot perpetually deny that I have any influence, and then collapse in spasms of outrage when I express a simple viewpoint. Make up your anonymous minds, will you?

I'm not sure if there'll be any more to say about it, although I have chatted with Roudenbush's opponent, the incumbent Steve Bush, and I agreed to meet with Bush and hear his sales pitch. Probably I'll print it here, too, when the time comes. Bush also is perfectly free to submit his pitch in writing, and I guarantee I'll publish it when and if he does. Bush seems like a perfectly personable fellow. It's just that I don't agree with him.

In addition to Roudenbush, I also will be voting for Obama, Donnelly, Yoder, Freiberger, Grabowski, any human, plant or amoeba (alive, dead or cryogenically preserved) appearing on the ballot opposite Tony Bennett -- and there may be others whom I may be forgetting.

John Gregg? That one's a bit more troubling to me, and might deserve further public vetting. Or not. Pence? Nope. Maybe the libertarian whose name I can't even remember? Likely.

Todd Young? I richly enjoyed meeting and having a beer with him, but I disagree with his platform. Does this surprise anyone? If so, you don't know me very well, do you? That's right; you wouldn't know because you don't read, except you do read when you want to. It's all clear now, just like Paul Etheridge's motives.

Shockingly, you may even disagree with me. If so, you're welcome to let me know, right here, in the comments area, although we have this pesky blog comments policy, and ... oh, never mind.

Just can't hold it back. Here it comes:

"Yawn."

No comments: