Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Then Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels and Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear changed it, so obviously that was a lie."

Only days after a (higher ranking) editor at the very same newspaper advised readers that if (bridge tolls) rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it, ostensibly because it's less troublesome to throw in the towel than offer due diligence, the copy editor Reschke offers one of the finest opinion pieces in recent 'Bama Getaway memory.

Promote this man immediately. He gets it.

RESCHKE: My Amazing Ohio River Bridges Project Plan, by Michael Reschke

I think the Ohio River Bridges project, as it currently stands, is a bad idea. So I devised my own plan, which is as follows. Please, hold your applause until the end ...

... I’m going to keep my job as a lowly journalist, so there’s not much I can do to stop the tolls, but I support every effort to prevent tolls and to build an east-end bridge first, no matter how futile they may be.

No comments: