Monday, May 02, 2011

Baylor for Progress At-Large.

On Tuesday, the Confidentials will vote early at S. Ellen Jones, and then it's a normal workday for me until early afternoon. After that, it's Elector Day, primary-style.

If you are registered and have not yet voted absentee or early, please cast a ballot. There's no polite way to say this: It's simply ass-backwards that virtually every adult in town is ready to hold forth with an opinion about Osama Bin Laden, and yet perhaps only one or two out of 10 will bother voting. A majority of a minority is not.

Thanks to all of you for your support and good wishes. I just wish Lloyd could be here to be a part of the festivities. My friend, you are sorely missed.

4 comments:

SBAvanti63 said...

Best wishes, Roger!

The New Albanian said...

Thank you.

Peter Feimer said...

I wish you success in the primary tomorrow.

Our opinions differ about half the time, which I would expect, me being a fiscally conservative-leaning moderate and you a more left-leaning liberal. And some of your polemics make my eyes glaze over. But your recent essays endorsing Mr Gahan and your pieces assessing the mayoral candidates were thoughtful, respectful and well constructed.

Despite differences in philosophy, I admire your courage advocating for less popular issues, political integrity, and unwillingness to submit to political expediency.

The council needs representatives who have intelligence, a fresh view of downtown growth and property owners' responsibilities, and the courage to swim upstream, all of which you have.

And you have my vote. Good luck tomorrow and in the general.

Peter Feimer

The New Albanian said...

Thanks, Peter. That means a lot to me.