Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A campaign tout, a petulant incumbent and the usual fluffers.

There was a very flattering letter in yesterday's Tribune advocating my candidacy for city council at-large ... and King Larry was too busy distributing his atheist's holiday broadsheets to have written it: NEWS AND TRIBUNE LETTERS: April 12, 2011

Meanwhile, Rep. Ed Clere coincidentally appeared on the very same page to explain his demotion to every-other-week status as columnist:

I disagree with the new policy. Its practical effect will be to preclude publication of my column for more than half of my two-year term. I’m sure the policy is aimed at promoting fairness, but it’s unfair to readers, who will receive less information about their state government.

Not unexpectedly, the fiercely partisan GOP operative still believes that his St. Daniels apologetics and ideologue's agitprop count somehow as "information," and that's plainly sad. By day's end, Kent, Amy and the Clere Channel Fluffers had descended, demanding that the torture continue. I may be a drunkist, but I'm not a masochist, and so I switched the channel.

No comments: