Thursday, December 09, 2010

Today's Tribune column: "Taking a WikiLeak on bridge tolls.”

Okay, okay. I'll go in peace. The truncheons are pretty much overkill, don't you think? Yeah, I understand my rights and all that, but since when is it that my phone call must be made to my state representative and not my mouthpiece? Wait, this isn't the jail, this is River Ridge ... and that's Dick Cheney ... help, I'm being oppressed ....

BAYLOR: Taking a WikiLeak on bridge tolls

... The difference between New Albany/Floyd County and Clark County is that in Clark, the anti-toll people include quite a few heavier hitters than me, and they’ve showed the color of money with those billboards. This definitely has the Bridges Authority rattled, because No 2 Bridge Tolls cannot be easily dismissed as malcontents. It’s populated by the respectable.

In Floyd, quite a few small businesses are in complete agreement with us, but we’re destitute by comparison with the Clark forces. I’ve uncovered numerous Republican officials here who are against tolls … but only off the record. You’d be surprised how far up the hierarchy it goes.

No comments: