Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Destinations Booksellers.

From Andy at Destinations Booksellers.

Destinations Booksellers is celebrating its 6th birthday this week. While Randy may write on this at some point, I wanted to offer a couple of thoughts here on the newsletter. The importance of independent bookstores in a community cannot be overstated, a place where you're known by name when you walk in, staff who start to know your reading habits and know what books you'll like and which ones you'll dislike. A store that, through books, pushes ideas and thinking to different levels.

Before I started working at Destinations, I was a regular customer. It meant something to me that I could walk in and Randy would have a book that he knew I would like. Iam so pleased to be able to do the same things with our customers today. I also enjoyed that anytime I came in to the store, there was a good chance that a few other people were here, talking about community events. We NEED places like that and I hope that you agree with me.

Let's keep supporting all local, independent businesses. Let's realize the role they play in our community and let's fight to make sure they stay around a long time!

Happy Reading!

Andy

50% off sale this week! As a thank you for your support over the years, we're celebrating our birthday in style with a 50% off sale on all in-stock merchandise, not including consignments, orders or books on hold, and our selection of family games (which will be priced at 25% off!) Thank you for being such loyal patrons and for supporting your independent bookstore.

No comments: