Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dale Moss in the C-J: "From parents to local colleges, giving some thanks."

The headline department must have taken the day off, but get past that, and read as the C-J's Indiana columnist offers a thoughtful survey of positive developments locally. His choicest words are at the beginning.

Dale Moss - From parents to local colleges, giving some thanks (Courier-Journal)

Then again, my parents never made sure I know how to hate, either. They couldn’t. They were clueless about meanness. However open-minded I am is due mostly to them being closed to any other option. My Thanksgiving blessings begin with appreciation for seeing all sides, for believing in the best of people. My parents passed too long ago. But I try for their most-valuable lessons to live on, after all.

I wonder increasingly how others were raised. Hate brews shamelessly on the Internet, at political rallies, on television and radio. Because we are free to believe anything, is it OK – not just legal -- to say and write anything? Here’s hoping the high road is rediscovered.

1 comment:

edward parish said...

Nice words about My Man Mitch, to bad most have forgotten how he and his board buddies helped steal millions from employees and share holders from Indianapolis Power Light. Respect, not here. That is not progressive. His wife is from New Albany - need say more?

Dale is spot on with what a select few a making happen in the downtown area of New Albany.
Good luck...Ed & Carolyn