Saturday, September 05, 2009

NASH: "Creative planning needed for new youth shelter."

Matt, let me help you: It's because that's what Philistines do!
NASH: Creative planning needed for new youth shelter

Their first plan was to destroy the former Floyd County Home, also known as the North Annex, a historic building constructed in 1878. Their latest plan is to destroy an integral part of Sam Pedan Community Park. Can the people in charge of building this new facility do so without destroying something that is important to many of the citizens in our county?

1 comment:

BeckyBee said...

I, too, grieve every
time historic property or land that is usable is tossed aside and destroyed in favor of someone else's agenda. I hope some folks heard you. I believe the old phrase is, " you can't stop city hall", sadly, no kidding, Thanks for writing what I was thinking.