Wednesday, August 19, 2009

YES, but not at tomorrow's city council meeting.

At least not from Jethro.

I'm told that the new batch of YES yard signs will not be finished until Monday, which means we'll have to postpone the presentation until September.

Paging Matt Nash: What's the status of your side of the plan?

Meanwhile, is City Hall climbing down from its garbage rate fee hike? Which council member will claim to know the most about flood prevention? Will Pat read the paving list this time, or trust the word of the fifth caller?

Only the open air museum's spinning wheel of serendipity knows for sure, but if you're a masochist, read the council's agenda and ask:

Will we get out of there in enough time for a relaxed beer?

I'll be blogging live from the council's vapid chamber, assuming the president doesn't block my wireless signal. After my column in the Tribune tomorrow, he just might.

11 comments:

Jeff Gillenwater said...

I think we should use the whole of our EDIT funds to buy lottery tickets. It may be as close to economic development as we get with them.

Iamhoosier said...

I'm hoping for a meeting of reasonable length. I'm missing the afterglow with my friends.

BeckyBee said...

You must be part saint to tackle that city council reporting job.
Just looking at the agenda made me tired!

The New Albanian said...

IAH, there's always the option to gutting it out and STAYING until the end with your comrades.

Matt Nash said...

Sorry, I haven't planned anything besides showing up,having a beer and riding to council meeting

if there are others that would be great. We could also continue and build on the group for the next few meetings.

Do you know of others who would like to join in.

The New Albanian said...

I have an appointment in Louisville at 4:30 pm and will be riding my bicycle back and forth. I should be at BSB by around 6:30 pm. If there's to be another evening of water-related testimony, then we'd best get into the chamber to get the worst seats.

I mean best, if there is such a thing.

Randy said...

I'm curious. Pete had 5 signs. Where are the other 4? I'm all for the expansion of the effort, but somewhere there are at least 5 "YES" adherents.

Our household will hold up the communal obligation, afoot, for the cause...and especially for the afterglow.

I now will retire with the disturbing image of friend Roger as "saint."

Iamhoosier said...

Agreed, but I find it extremely difficult to start an afterglow at 11, especially with no food. 5:30am comes way too soon.

If have to endure the pain, I want my reward.

SBAvanti63 said...

I picked up one when dropping off my contribution to the cause. Have been waiting for a bigger rollout as one sign in a yard is not terribly meaningful. I have been expecting (hoping) that there might be some joint effort when signs were available that could include media attention.

The New Albanian said...

SBAvanti63: Agreed. Once the signs are ready, we can discuss how to distribute -- and I believe getting media attention won't be all that challenging. First, they must get printed, and I'm told that's underway.

IAH: Reminds me of Dan Coffey's motto of, "the beatings will continue until morale improves."

Iamhoosier said...

Or "the snake in the grass, will bite your ass." Something like that.