Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dinner tonight at Bank Street Brewhouse? Doors unlocked tonight.

We invited neighbors and townies to the Bank Street Brewhouse for lunch today. At the moment we're cleaning up and preparing to do it again this evening. If you'd like to stop by after 5:00 p.m. and check it out, feel free. Scroll past the photo for the menu.


New Albanian Bank Street Brewhouse

Lunch Menu (currently offered much of the day)

Soup du Jour
Chef's whim
$4.00

Caesar Salad
Hearts of Romaine, Parmigiano Reggiano, Garlic Croutons, House Caesar Dressing
$4.50

Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
Frissee Lettuce, Roasted Gold & Red Beets, Bacon, Walnuts,
Capriole Goat Cheese, Crème Fraiche Vinaigrette
$5.00

Pommes Frites
House cut Fries, Sea Salt, assorted Dipping Sauces
$4.95

Mussels
Ginger, Lemon Grass, White Wine and Coconut Milk
$9.95

Croque Monsieur
Black Forest Ham, Prosciutto, Emmantaler Cheese,
Wheat Bread (Blue Dog), Mornay Sauce
$7.95

Croque Madame
Add Egg to Croque Monsieur
$8.50

Mushrooms en Croute
Wild Mushrooms, Lentils, Puff Pastry
$6.95

13 comments:

Jeff Gillenwater said...

It's a good thing GG changed clothes. Otherwise I would've thought he never left; same stool and everything.

Ceece said...

dang! my invite got lost!! ;-)

Ann said...

The Croque Monsieur sounds tasty.

TedF said...

Hopitmus. Pommes Frites. They were both tasty. And they are walking distance from my house. The justification for moving to downtown New Albany just became quite clear. Danke Schoen!

John Manzo said...

Ah, the Croque Monsieur was very tasty. The potato-leak soup was amazing. Roger is off to a wonderful start!

I fought the heavy traffic from my office to get there and it was worth the journey.

Randy said...

Annie, the Croque Madame exceeds expectations.

Mme. Child couldn't have done better than Josh did.

To you, and all, I'll give this recco...La Rosita might be the best bet for victuals. The BSB is going to be swamped with fans tonight if Roger announces an official public opening tonight.

Congrats, Roger, Amy, et al. BSB is a triumph. We "townies" (I'm blushing to think I can say that) will be there for you "tomorrow."

Oh...and to encourage it, Sunday at 5:30, after the store closes, I'll be there again.

Whoodathunkit? Sunday victuals and brew...Make a fortune this "soft" opening weekend, NABC friends. We "townies" will at least drive by to see if we can get a table.

B.W. Smith said...

What a great place. I intend to stop by again at least once this weekend. We're excited about Sunday hours, too.

Larry M. Summers said...

I went for the Croque Monsieur and Roger persuaded me into the Croque Madame--I am extraordinary glad he did because it was exceptional. Josh and the rest of the staff did a wonderful job.

Now if I could get some Tunnel Vision my thirst may finally be quenched. :)

Christopher D said...

looks like you had a good crowd in there last night!

dan chandler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dan chandler said...

I highly recommend the mussels....but only after Roger gives you a lesson on how to eat them.

MrG said...

Happy coincidence. Thursday, I strolled over after the Carnegie Board meeting and enjoyed the company, setting and brew. Friday, I already had a lunch set with John Gilkey from the Tourism & Convention gang and it was a "no brainer" to move it to where something good was happening (and he puts together the Sunnyside Times). I didn't expect surveillance photos and apologize if I took your seat.

Jeff Gillenwater said...

That's looking like your seat, MrG. And that's perfectly fine with me.