Saturday, March 07, 2009

Democrats gather today: Revolution or counter-revolution? Flip coins if ya got 'em.

11:00 a.m. update: M reports that John Wilcox is the new chairman. No report as to whether the party will decide to stand for something.

---

Regular reader M provides the morning's hot tip:

I did not know if you were aware that the Democratic Party is having its reorganization meeting today at 10 a.m. at the K of C. Marcey Wisman and John Wilcox are both vying for the chairman. That's all I really know except Adam Dickey is not running for Treasurer.

For once, I have nothing to say. That local Democrats are in desperate need of reorganization is a profound "given," considering the party's vacuous inability to articulate a locally relevant platform during recent years. How they might manage this trick has yet to be seen.

We'll just have to wait and see. If you know the results, send them to me and I'll update this post later in the day.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Republicans have reorganization today, also.

It's statewide in every county for both parties.

The New Albanian said...

Thanks for explaining that. As a pants down independent mistrusted in equal measure by both parties, I'd never have known that.

Anything interesting happening on the GOP side of the aisle?

Scott said...

I assume that Dave Matthews was reelected, though I haven't spoken with him about it. I don't think he had a challenger.

Larry M. Summers said...

There were no challengers for any of the positions within the Republican party the last I heard. I am the Precinct Committeeman for NA 5 but my wife fell and hurt her ankle--we were unable to make it down there to vote.