Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bank Street Brewhouse: Everybody's working for the weekend.

It will surprise absolutely no one to learn that U2’s new release, “No Line on the Horizon,” has become my personal soundtrack for the opening of NABC’s new Bank Street Brewhouse. For me and my Irish contemporaries, they’re acts of reinvention, as I hope these photos illustrate.

They were taken yesterday, as we prepped for entertaining Resch Construction’s workers with a meal and drinks. We’ll be doing a few “soft” nights this week for selected customers, and aiming to be open for lunch and the general public on Friday and Saturday. We're planning on Sunday hours, with Mondays closed.

When I’m absolutely sure all this will be lifting off on Friday, I’ll post opening hours and further details. Thanks for your support.




8 comments:

Meatbe said...

Great photos! I find myself salivating like a Pavlovian dog.

Ceece said...

*looking for the LIKE THIS button*

oh crap, this isn't facebook...:-)

Bayernfan said...

The photos were great...was that football on the TV screen? I'm looking forward to this so much.

Karen Gillenwater said...

I'm anxious to get over there. I've seen all the action going on lately and love the progress. The place looks fabulous! (Oh, and I have to admit that I love the view out the window. You did pick the best spot in the city!)

Highwayman said...

Na na na na na na!!

Eat your heart out guys.!

The Elector is superflous and the bar staff is even better!!

And this from an individual who when first meeting the Publican many years ago stated with vigor--- "I DON"T LIKE BEER!!!"

Jeff Gillenwater said...

A great crew and it shows already.

lawguy said...

I stopped by tonight around 9:00 on my way back to the office and man, does it look great. Sure to be a lasting downtown success. Its also nice to have some company in that area of town.

Iamhoosier said...

Highwayman, I am not sure that your "taste" in things has improved much!! VBG