Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thanks.

(Note that NABC is closed December 31 and January 1. See you again on Friday, January 2)

Barring the unexpected, and not ruling out the possibility of cluttering bandwidth with reprints, I'll be kicking back for the next day or two and taking time off from the blog.

Translation: I'll get bored at some point on Thursday and post anyway.

NAC finishes the year with the odometer at just under 300,000 since 2004, and with a record number of posts. My goals as a writer who happens to blog have been to scratch an itch, to be a gadfly, to assist in the process of building a community of the like-minded, and to a body of work that reads as well ten years on as it does now. I'm happy with the results to date, and I appreciate all of those who stop here to read ... even the anonymous troglodytes.

For me, and quite apart from my private world, the coming year is going to be professionally demanding in terms of time. The brewery expansion project is teasingly close to fruition, there's an existing business to help run, and I've accepted another weekly writing challenge. It's a bear, but I know that somewhere there's a dusty clock ticking, with much to do and see and achieve before the big sleep.

I get by with a little help from my friends. You know who you are. Thanks for being who you are.

2 comments:

Christopher D said...

Thank you for bringing us readers the info you did.
And best of luck in the New Year!

edward parish said...

RAB, thanks for the effort that many others have tried, getting this bedroom community of Louisville Metro to move-on in the real world.

With the YMCA anchored at the end of State Street and drawing great numbers(myself included 3 to 4 times a week)we can only hope that the economy will bring more folk to see the value of the properties awaiting to be re-born in downtown NA.

Thanks to all for making it happen.

Cheers,
Edward Parish