Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'd still rather be here than Texas.

6:40 pm update - Ann has the photos here ... and as she says, it's a mess

I just received a text message with a photo of the steeple at St. Mary's on the corner of Eighth and Spring. The wind's knocked it cockeyed -- still attached, but it appears to be precariously.

That explains the sirens. I'd go look, but there's debris aplenty in the back yard, including tree limbs and two collapsed fence sections.

And yes, I'm very glad we got our dying tree down on Thursday before the Ike remnants hit.

3 comments:

Highwayman said...

Nac,

I've just returned from a lap around town and from what I've seen there was no shortage of trees similar in condition to yours.

Although I'm sure there are some with severe damage, most of what I could see from the seat of my Jeep looks to be outbuildings, porches, shingles blown off, etc.

I only saw a couple of homes that looked like they took a direct hit on the main portion of the home itself.

Hopefully that holds true.

Ann said...

I've got some photos up on my blog--it's a mess out there.

Highwayman said...

It looks like I saw the lesser damaged areas.