Friday, August 29, 2008

If it's good enough for zoning ...

On the topic of polling data, today I decided to conduct a sampling in my workplace. The error rate for this informal questionnaire was plus or minus 6.2% abv.

This question was posed to 25 customers: Would you rather the city council ban workplace smoking, or take action to pave the streets?

The results were 7 in favor of a smoking ban, 17 in favor of paving, and one who said that our progressive pints cost too much. He was a Republican, so I threw him out into the street, where the smokers soon will be expected to congregate.

Coupled with the irrefutable evidence of the last council meeting, when twice as many people spoke publicly against the ban than in favor, I believe we have a fair reading of the people's will.

Lies, damned lies ... and what?

2 comments:

Daniel Short said...

I was that Republican and my butt is still sore....my attorney will contact yours. Good day.

The New Albanian said...

I must have miscounted ... apparently there were two.

:-)