Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The next NAC "Meet 'n' Greet" is on Tuesday, February 6, and you're invited.

Second call ... and I need to know: Will you be dining? Israel needs to know how to staff this, if in fact special treatment is required. If there will be only six of us, there's no sense putting him out to reserve and staff the upstairs.

----

On February 6, starting at 6:00 p.m., it'll be the second gathering of "Confidentiaholics Identified," this time at La Rosita Mexican Grill at 1515 E. Market Street in New Albany, which is a few doors down from the Tommy Lancaster Restaurant near Vincennes Street.

If you haven’t yet been to La Rosita, this is the ideal chance to sample superb, fresh and creative Mexican cuisine, and because I already know that the majority of Confidentiaholics adore Israel Landin's delicious offerings on a regular basis, I’m suggesting that we move the time to 6:00 p.m. to accommodate diners. Of course, you may come at any time, and it isn’t required that you purchase food.

Read Marty Rosen’s C-J review here for a mouthwatering description.

Israel graciously has reserved the upstairs room for us, and because he needs to know what to expect in terms of volume, please provide an informal RSVP to the e-mail address at my blogger profile. If he's willing, I'll bring a small five-gallon keg of Croupier IPA to accent the proceedings. Of course, Mexican beers also are available.

As was the case at our previous gathering, this evening is being designed as a very informal meet 'n' greet for readers and friends of the NA Confidential blog, and by extension, the New Albany blogosphere as a whole, but you're not required to have a computer to attend.

There'll be no set agenda beyond getting to know one another, widening the circle of faces to names, and chatting about local issues. All citizens are welcome. Tribune forum readers; owners and readers of other local blogs; sincere political hopefuls; innocent bystanders; whatever … and bring a friend or a neighbor if you please.

Looking ahead, tentatively we're hoping to hold the March edition of the gathering at St. Marks United Church of Christ in downtown New Albany, with pot luck, self-catered munchies, and Pastor John Manzo hosting and educating us about the church's community activities.

But first: See you at La Rosita's on the 6th?

11 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

I am planning on attending.

Christopher D said...

As it stands now, barring any unforeseen events My Wife and I will be attending, and we do plan on digging into some carnitas!

Ann said...

My husband and I plan to be there and will be eating also.

John Manzo said...

My wife and I are planning to attend. I'm looking forward to it.

The New Albanian said...

Thanks so far ... keep 'em coming. I'm fairly certain we'll have enough to merit the room, and you can be sure D. and I will be eating, too.

Ceece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney Paris said...

I'll be there

G Coyle said...

I love La Rosita, I'll be there.

SBAvanti63 said...

I will join the group as well. Thanks.

Jeff Gillenwater said...

I forgot to mention it earlier, but Mrs. bluegill and I will be there a bit late due to a Federal Reserve event earlier in the evening.

I'm guessing my chances for flan will be about nil circa 7:30.

maury k goldberg said...

We will be there close to 7:30PM as it stands now.