Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Techno- and computer-besotted readers, I need your help.

Mrs. Confidential and I are in the market for a laptop/notebook.

She’ll be using it for academic functions pertaining to graduate school in the fall, Internet access, and perhaps light entertainment like watching DVDs and listening to music.

I’ll use it for word processing, transferring photos from my digital camera, and hitting the Internet to blog – wirelessly, I imagine.

That’s it. No sophisticated gaming or advanced multimedia needs are anticipated at this time; just meat and potatoes computing.

Okay – what do we need to be looking for with regard to processor, adequate memory, batteries and the like?

In beer terms ... never mind.

Your suggested parameters are appreciated. Please use the comments section below, or write to me here.

1 comment:

maury k goldberg said...

Dear New Albanian,

I recommend two web sites for you to visit:

amazon.com
anand.com

These two sites will help you find out what type of laptop to buy.Before you do anything write down the features both of you are interested in, this will help you in your search.

Maury